WorldWide Local Calls: VoXalot & PhoneGnome (Cost: $15 after July 16th)
Signing Up with PhoneGnome
1. Go to www.PhoneGnome.com
2. Sign Up for an account:
3. The Countries with which it will work are these:
US/Canada, Portugal, Argentina, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, and United Kingdom.
Moscow and Saint Petersburg, Russia
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Seoul, South Korea
Monterrey, Guadalajara, Mexico City, Puebla, Mexico
Mobile numbers are excluded except in US(excludes Alaska and Hawaii), Canada, and Singapore.
4. If you get the following screens , you need to find a PROXY in the country for which you are registering a number:
5. See here for a PROXY: http://www.samair.ru/proxy/type-01.htm
6. Assuming you got through all that, PhoneGnome will sent you an email with a link. Click on the link and follow the instructions to complete the verification (they'll call you and you have to enter a pin code).
7. Now Log In at PhoneGnome
8.On the HomePage make note of the following (copied exactly):
9.Under Features Activate SoftGnome Remote Access:
10. Now Click on Edit and set things as follows:
11. Now Click on View Sip Credentials (you'll need this info so save it somewhere, along with the stuff from the HomePage):
12. Now Click on Call Analysis then Placed Calls, and keep this page open, you may need it later:
Setting Up with VoXalot
1. Sign Up for an account with VoXalot (after the July 16th you'll need at least VoxLite for $15/year)
2. Log In at VoXalot
3. Under Member Details (the only important setting is the one with the arrow, leave all else as is):
4. Under Providers(Use the info from your PhoneGnome Registration to fill this out):
5. Under Call Forward
6. How you enter the number to be dialed is important:
In US/Canada: 1+ Number should work
Elsewhere: First try the number entered like someone from your own country would to call you
Then try the Number on its own as it appears in PhoneGnome (no country code)
Then try Country Code + Number as in PhoneGnome
7. Save but keep this page open, you may need to troubleshoot (especially with how you enter the number).
8. Now find a local SipBroker Access Number
9. After dialing the access number, enter *010 -123456 (replace 123456 with your VoXalot number)
10. If your phone Rings, all is well, if it doesn't:
Remember that last page from the PhoneGnome account we said we would keep open, go and refresh after you have made some calls and its not working. It should show you what it is trying to dial...., then change the number as needed in this last page (Call Forward) on VoXalot, until it hopefully works.
11. That should be the end of that, make sure it works first before trying this next suggestion.
Even More Access Numbers: TPad
1. Get yourself a TPad account.
2. Complete the verification process with TPad (they'll call you, and you need to enter a 2 digit code)
3. Make sure your acocunt status says Verified
4. Make sure you have not set up call forwarding, or voicemail on TPad
5. Save your TPad Number and Password
6. Go Back to the VoXalot account from above, under Providers add a new provider:
7. That's it. Now you can be reached directly on your phone in one of two ways:
SipBroker Access Number + *010-123456
TPad Access Number + Your TPad Number